Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday Animal Blogging-Lizards


These lizards hang out in front of my house, sunning on the bricks during the warm months. This week was the first time I have seen them this year. They are Eastern Fence Lizards (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't tell their gender from these pics. Usually the Male will have blue markings on their bellies and necks. Here is a picture of the underside of a male lizard. The link also has some more interesting info about the Eastern Fence Lizard. Later this season hopefully I will have some Skinks to show as well.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Oh, I love lizards. When I go visit my parents, if we are walking in the woods, we barely get to see the tails of the little creatures. Very seldom do I get to see lizards.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home