Friday, September 30, 2005

Tagged

Aydin at Snail's Tales tagged me with this meme. Sometimes I like memes, but I don't always enjoy doing the tagging that follows, so I put a spin on that part as you will see below.

10 years ago: I began dating in earnest my life-long friend, who is now also my wife, and I was nearing the end of my college career.

5 years ago: I was really enjoying my senior medical school clerkships (as one advisor put it: “Your fourth year is our way of apologizing for the first three”), and I was preparing to get married.

1 year ago: I was adapting to my new job as a physician in private practice and my new life as a proud father.

Yesterday: I took the afternoon off due the amazing turn in the weather (and lack of patients who I assume were also out enjoying the first crisp, blue day of the season). I was initially planning to play golf, but instead was drawn home by a photo my wife emailed me, of my 1 year-old walking in his “big boy” clothes.

5 songs I know all the words to: 1. Little Martha – Allman Brothers Band 2. White Summer/Black Mountain Side – Led Zeppelin 3. Crowd Sculpture (and the rest of Infrared Roses) – Grateful Dead “I’ll give you every thing we own for a new year’s ticket!” 4. Dueling Banjos - Eric Weissberg & Steve Mandell 5. Bron Y Aur – Led Zeppelin

5 snacks: I generally control myself very well but……1. Turtles 2.Millionaires 3. Oreos 4. Spicy Pork Rinds 5. Flamin’ Hot Cheetos

5 things I’d do with $100 million: There are only 2 things in broad terms, If I earned it and was used to that kind of money, I’d be figuring out how to pass it on to my descendants. If I won it suddenly in a lottery, I would give most of it away ASAP before it ruined me.

5 places I’d run away to: 1. Underneath a large rock somewhere in Arizona 2. Colorado 3. NYC 4. Chicago 5.Toronto

5 things I’d never wear: 1. a wife beater 2. Speedos 3. jewelry of any kind except my wedding ring 4. body art 5. a bow tie

5 favorite TV shows: 1. Family Guy 2. The Simpsons 3. South Park 4. Seinfeld 5. Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

5 greatest joys: 1. Every minute with my son 2. Most minutes with my wife 3. My friends 4. My good fortune 5. Early mornings with coffee and new information

5 favorite toys: 1. my desktop 2. my laptop 3. my digital camera 4. XM Radio 5. my golf clubs

5 people I’m tagging: I need some randomness here so this is how I determined who to tag: I grabbed a dictionary opened it up and randomly pointed to 3 words which were mobile, tantalum, and base. Then I went to Yahoo and typed in these words and added blog. Then I chose the top five blogs that came up. I therefore tag 1.Ideasasylum :: Jamie’s Weblog , original context, 2.Freakonomics: The Auhtors’ Blog, original context , 3.Anne Galloway: Purse Lip Square Jaw , original context, 4.Crazy Little World of Apples , 5.Kryss’ journal, original context

Of course the only way these people will know that I tagged them is if they become curious as to why they are getting hits from me, so if you can't bear to see a meme hit a dead end, just check out their blogs.

Its funny that Freakonomics came up because I just read that book, I liked it. Rather than do the meme, maybe Levitt can analyze the randomness that occurred here and the events that follow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

I hope you will win the lottery & I hope you will remember me when you are giving away the money.

8:37 PM  
Blogger afarensis, FCD said...

Yes, what Aydin said... Great way to choose how to pass it on.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home