Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Crablogging


Click to Enlarge



From my recent trip to the Florida panhandle, I present this small crab. I have no idea what species this is, so I will just leave it at that and ask anyone that does know to please fill in the blank. I did notice that the crab was very adept at hiding each time it escaped while I was holding it for the pictures. It would just run off my hand and jump onto the sand and face the wind which was blowing very hard. It didn't take but a few seconds for it to be nearly invisible with the sand collecting around its camoflauged body. Here is a different crab from last years visit to the same area of the Florida Panhandle.

Don't forget to check out Modulator's Friday Ark!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

Sorry, can't help you in that. To me it looks like a sand crab we have in Norway?

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

This is a great postt

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home