Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Backyard Bird Blogging: Blue Jay - Cyanocitta cristata


This Blue Jay (click the pic for a larger view) was photographed on my back deck after last week's snow and ice came through. Blue Jays are notoriously aggressive as was this one, so with the exception of poor lighting on this overcast day, I didn't have any trouble getting its picture. Who cares about blue jays? Well, the Blue Jay is the mascot of Johns Hopkins University (where did they get that darn blue jay?) and of course Creighton University has Billy Blue Jay. One guy likes them enough to teach them how to move a stick to get peanuts.
This blue jay can be seen permanently at the Webiocosm Zoo.

Also, don't forget to check out Modulator's Friday Ark.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger T. Beth said...

I miss Blue Jays! I used to see them so often when I lived in Virginia that I barely noticed them anymore. We don't have these ones here in Arizona, and now seeing them in photos, I realize how special and beautiful they were.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home