Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What is sNN0031?

NeuroNova, a Swedish biopharmaceutical company has been engaged in developing drugs designed to stimulate neurogenesis. One of these drugs is sNN0031 which, according to press releases, "is an active ingredient in a drug approved for use in humans, but not for brain disease and in a form not suitable for this type of treatment." In rodent models, the drug caused movements to normalize within 5 weeks and remained so through the 10 week follow up period. Human trials are planned for this year, but I am not sure if they have yet begun.

That is what I do know about sNN0031. What I don't know is the name of and indication for the drug already in use for humans, which is called sNN0031 when given intracerebrovascularly for Parkinson's Disease. I initially thought this would be an easy search on the net but so far all I have found is that the drug's true identity has been "undisclosed".

Both educated guesses and wild guesses are acceptable here.

This drug trial was brought to my attention in the Feb/Mar Seed Magazine article, The Reinvention of the Self .

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I was lead to your BLOG by a similar search. I also read the Seed article and it made quite an impression on me. It seems that this drug could have profound effects on a number of conditions. What surprised me was that noone mentioned the implications of controlled neurogenesis in healthy patients. "Brain boosting"

5:49 AM  
Blogger Henry said...

Thats a very interesting point. I'm sure we will see more of that discussion before too long. Please be sure and fill me in if you find out anymore info.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home