Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thursday Backyard Bird Blogging: Cardinalis cardinalis - Northern Cardinal

This is a Northern Cardinal, Cardinalis cardinalis (click the pic to enlarge). It was the only picture I could get because this bird would not stick around long. The picture is not very good but since cardinals are such pretty birds, I thought I would post it anyway.

THE professional sports team that uses the Cardinal as its mascot: The Saint Louis Cardinals.

The Stanford Cardinal is not a bird but the official color of the school's teams.

And don't forget to check out Modulator's Friday Ark!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I came to this post from Friday's Ark. I have a real soft spot for Northern Cardinals. We don't have them in my area, so they seem kind of exotic to me :-)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home