Sunday, July 29, 2007

BrainGate's First Test Subject Dies at 27

I hadn't heard any big news lately on BrainGate, which is a type of neural interface system mentioned several times here previously. That is until a few days ago when I saw that someone had come to this site with the Google search term "Matt Nagle cause of death". Then I followed that same path and found an obituary from the Boston Globe, stating that he had died on July 16 from sepsis. There are no other details relating to the cause of death. The article does mention that the brain implant had previously been removed, from that statement I only assume that his death was not related to that particular experiment, but more likely to one or some of the many comorbidities of quadriplegia. It appears that his death is now being investigated as a homicide.

I give my condolences and best wishes to his family and friends.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home