Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Sci-Fi Movie Recommendation - Pandorum

Last night I watched a sci-fi thriller called Pandorum (official movie site). I don't recall ever hearing anything about it when it was out in theaters, but it was recommended to me by Netflix based on movies that I had previously rated highly. The movie is set in a 60,000 passenger sleeper ship that is fleeing from the earth as a last attempt to save humanity from a dying earth. The ship is on its way to an earth-like planet, Tanis. Various crew members are awakened from hypersleep to encounter other crew members, awakened at different stages of the mission, and some grotesue huminoid creatures. A full synoposis of Pandorum is available on the Wikipedia, but I don't recommend spoiling the exciting final turn of the plot by reading it. Apparently the movie received poor critical reviews from general audiences but did much better among sci-fi enthusiasts. I for one thoroughly enjoyed it, and would love to see a sequel.


Here is the trailer:


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you might be interested in this write up of mine about the undertones of the film.

http://onedeviousbastard.blogspot.com/

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home