Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday Frog Blog- The Green Tree Frog



This is a green tree frog, Hyla cinerea (click the pic for better view). It is easily identified as a tree frog by its small size and the fact that when you see it, it will probably be on a vertical surface, thanks to its large pads on the tips of its toes. What further distinguishes this as a green tree frog is its smooth green color and the white or yellow stripe extending from the upper jaw along the body. I really like seeing these frogs around my house and on the windows. It seems strange to me that when I see one, the first thing I think is that I should catch it to feed to my pet tarantula, even though it has been over 20 years since I had it. I wish the last pic was clearer since this frog was really posing for me there.

Don't forget to check out Modulators Friday Ark!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sunidesus said...

I love those shots! Of course I have something of a soft spot for frogs so I may be biased. I second your wishes on that last one. He was definately posing for you there!

10:32 AM  
Blogger DBK said...

A friend just directed me to your blog. Keep up the good work of frog blogging. We must continue to post photographs of naked frogs until the world acknowledges them as the most sensuous of amphibians.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Wayne Hughes said...

Great sequence of pics - really gives a good impression of a green tree frog. Haven't seen any yet around here!

3:25 AM  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

SWEET! The other night, a brown tree frog was climbing up the wall of the building. I brought my camera the next night and, guess what? The frog didn't show up. He/she and friends will be back. The last couple years they would climb up the windows. One day there were three sitting on the window. I'm prepared to wait...and bring my camera every day.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home