Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ten Days of Tulips - Time-lapse

Click the pic to view video
Time-lapse Tulips Growing, 640x480, .mov, 9.9 mb 36 sec



I do believe that this is my best time-lapse yet. I just finished the filming a few days after easter. The pictures were taken at a rate of every fifteen minutes when the overhead grow light was on, or every 20 minutes when it was off. It was an attempt to simulate day and night. Finally I just left it on because it didn't seem to make much difference. I was really impressed with how much the plants moved and how the blooms would open in unison, even when there were no apparent changes in this otherwise completely dark room. I used my Canon PowerShot S3 IS and Granite Bay Time-lapse software for the shooting. I made the movie with QuickTime Pro playing the pictures back at 30 fps. I created and added the hip hop music using Sony Acid Music Studio. The music seemed appropriate given the movement of the tulips. You can see this tulip time-lapse video at my YouTube player page if you can't view quicktime videos.

You can also see my other time-lapse videos at my time-lapse home page.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the tulips , liked the clouds as good though

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home