Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Time-lapse Colored Water in Melting Ice and a Tulip

Click the pic to view
640x480, mov, 4.4 mb 33 sec


For this time-lapse video, I started by freezing water in an ice cube tray. Before the cube was completely solid, I used a syringe to inject some colored water in the center and let it freeze a little longer. Then I placed the cube in the glass of water with the tulip. I used my Canon PowerShot S3 IS and Granite Bay time-lapse software to make the movie. Initially the pics were taken about every 4-6 seconds but I stretched it out to every few minutes once I focused on the flower. I used the Sony Acid Music Studio to make the accompanying music.

Here are the rest of my time-lapse and stop motion videos or all these plus others can be seen at my YouTube player page.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How interesting to see the flower take up the coloring, especially at the petal margins.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home