Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Rodent Blogging: Hoary Marmot



These are some old photos I took back in the summer of 1987. My family and I took a 2 week family van tour of the western United States. We visited Mt. Rainier, which is where I took these pictures. I believe this is a hoary marmot. I say that, not so much because of my ability to distinguish it from other marmots, but because my dad said they were, and he really got a kick out of calling them Hoary. The woman in the picture? I'm not so sure about her, but I don't think she was with us.
Here is more information on Hoary Marmots from Wikipedia.

I have also placed this Hoary Marmot in my new collection of animal pics at the Webiocosm Zoo.

As always, don't forget to check out Modulator's Friday Ark.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger T. Beth said...

I like marmots, especially chubby ones. I was always afraid to hand feed them though for fear that they might get overly greedy and bite. They are so cute when they beg for food though!

2:29 PM  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

I hardly ever think of marmots. I guess the only time is when people post pictures of them. They are cute little rodents...or at least your picture depicts them so.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home