Sunday, July 03, 2005

Weekend Beer Review: Fat Tire


My Beer selection for this weekend is Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado. I first tasted this beer about 11 years ago when I spent the summer in Boulder. It was popular there at the time, but has not been readily available in my area until the last couple of years. It has a reddish color, the flavor is malty, a little sweet, and crisp. It is not my favorite, but is still in the regular rotation. I would certainly recommed it to my friends.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day Weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

It sounds like I would like it. I will keep my eyes open for it here in Maryland.

Why is it called Fat Tire?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Henry said...

From the Fat Tire website: "Fat Tire is so named for the bike trip Jeff took through Belgium that greatly inspired his homebrewing efforts." I'm not exactly sure what that means though. Maybe his bike had fat tires?

Tracy, I have not tried Summit Pale Ale, but I will try it the next chance I get.

7:16 AM  
Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Mmmmm! Looks delicious!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home