Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Varmit Blogging: Raccoon


This is from a year or so ago. I thought the pics were lost but I came across them while sorting through back up files. I had just built the walkway behind my house, and had to put some sod around it to replace the grass I had removed. I noticed that every morning, the sod would be turned upside down or rolled back and drying out. This happened for about 2 weeks before I finally got fed up and borrowed a game camera to catch this sucker in the act. Raccoons, aka Procyon lotor, are very ingenuitive and are always out for an easy meal. Since they haven't been able to get in our trash yet, this one was doing a natural thing, uprooting my grass for insects. I covered the vulnerable areas and he finally quit destroying my yard.

Don't forget to check out the Modulator's Friday Ark.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home