Saturday, July 08, 2006

My First Claymation Video

I can see that this is probably going to get out of hand. As I mentioned in my last post, I have always been a big fan of time-lapse photography. I will also mention that I have always been a big fan of animation and claymation which are variations of the same basic concept. I dreamed of being able to do this stuff when I was a kid. In fact I spent a great deal of time making animated flip books with cartoons about my friends. Now that I am a big kid with some new technology, I am about to go crazy with it. This morning I got up and spent about an hour and a half producing this short claymation video just to see how it would turn out. The original was much larger with a higher quality picture, but I greatly reduced it, just so it could be quickly downloaded. As you will see if you watch it, picture quality is not that important at this point. A couple of things I could do to improve the video would be to get better, more constant lighting and have the camera more stable. This video is 28 seconds long, and available in Quicktime (2.2Mb) or AVI (2.8 Mb) format.



First Claymation Video

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

So funny! As I was watching it, my hubby was watching Beverly Hills Cop in the next room, and the accompanying music from the TV made the clay antics all the more hilarious. My favorite part was when the big piece was sucking up all the little pieces. Watch out, Gumby!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was surprisingly easy to do. I guess I should try to add my own music to enhance the video.

7:41 AM  
Blogger afarensis, FCD said...

So when do we get to see your remake of "Valley of the Gwangi"? Seriously, though, that was great...

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home