Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Chimpumpkinzee or Ape-O'-Lantern


enlarge

Here are three of the 10 entries in my family's annual pumpkin carving contest. These three were from my household. The ape-like jack-o'-lantern in the middle was mine; it placed third. When I decided what I wanted to do, I couldn't find anything of the sort on the web, so I am posting this one for anyone who may be looking to do something similar. To that end I am going to throw in the phrase monkey pumpkin, which is a search phrase I used, with only two relevant results seen here and here (halfway down).

I am particularly proud of how the ears turned out. I cut out the ear holes using the desired shape of the ears with a squared off peg on the back, which just plugged right into the cut out portion. Happy Halloween.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home