Sunday, October 22, 2006

Claymation Water Drop


4 Sec., Quicktime, 780 kb


Back in July when I made my first claymation video, I thought I was going to make a ton of them, but since there aren't enough hours in a day, I haven't made another one until yesterday. I tried to produce a realistic slow motion video of a water drop falling into a bowl of water using one of my sons bowls and his blue play-doh. I only took 66 pictures and created a movie sequence using Quicktime pro. The video is not too realistic looking but it turned out better than expected. I spent about 2 hours and 15 minutes on the entire project. The above movie is small but good quality for a quick download. You can go to my time-lapse video download page to view the large version and a small WMV/AVI version.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger T. Beth said...

I love your time-lapse movies! I'll have to try making one myself, even though they are time consuming to make. :-)

9:04 AM  
Blogger AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

That was fun to watch, but the sticks on the table kept appearing & disappearing.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Henry said...

Thanks to both of you. I realized I was leaving the toothpicks in view just as I was finishing the last few pictures. I used them to hold the "water drops" in place. I was wondering who would notice.

12:23 PM  
Blogger AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

It was worth a link:
http://snailstales.blogspot.com/2006/10/multifarious-links_26.html

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home