Saturday, February 10, 2007

Super Bowl XLI Predictions Recap

My Super Bowl predictions were pretty terrible, just like the Bears performance. I really don't feel like rehashing it but here it is as promised.

1. Chicago Bears 33-24
-Way off, Colts 29-17

2. The Bears defense will perform well, but not as great as many think will be necessary for them to win.
-I'm not exactly sure how to judge this vague prediction. The second part is definitely correct but I don't really think I can say the defense played very well after the Colts ran the ball like they did.

3. The good Rex Grossman will show up today and get 2 passing touchdowns, only one interception and 1 fumble.
-Nope, he had 1 passing TD, 2 interceptions, and 1 lost fumble. 1 of his interceptions was returned for a TD toward the end of the game which is what really broke their backs. He only had 165 yards passing.

4. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson will both top 75 rushing yards. With Jones getting a rushing TD.
-Wrong again. Benson went out early after an injury and -1 rushing yard. T. Jones did have 112 rushing yards but no TD's


5. Robbie Gould will kick 4 field Goals.
Man, I suck at predictions. Gould was 1/1 on field goals.

6. Peyton Manning Will have 2 passing TD's, 2 interceptions and a fumble.
-No, He only had 1 pass TD, 1 interception, and 1 fumble.

7. Joseph Addai will have the Colts only rushing TD and will go over 100 yards rushing.
-Nah, He only had 77 yards rushing and no Td's. He did have 66 yards recieving though. D. Rhodes was the game's top rusher.

Before the game I didn't realize just how badly I wanted the Bears to win it all. I was very down about it and have only just now recovered enough that I can discuss it. Altogether it was a fun day though. There is always next year.

Congratulations to Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home